Dental Health Goals to set and keep
It’s a new year so start the year off on the right foot with some dental health goals, too.
Do you set financial, spiritual, educational, social, career, personal, health, and dental goals? Make it a point to keep your preventative exam and preventative cleaning appointments so the best dentists and best dental hygienists can do the periodontal disease screening and the oral cancer screening. Our motto is always that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Even if you feel you already have pounds to cure, know that others have felt the same way. You are not alone. We here at Creating Smiles Dental have helped them to get their quality of life back to where they can smile and laugh like when they were little kids. Let us help give you a fresh start. Schedule a check up right now. We even have evening and weekend hours available now and offer in-house dental insurance so there really are no excuses!
Some dental health goals for you to consider adding to your New Year’s Resolutions
- Brush 2x/day
- Brush for a full 2 minutes each time
- Brush your tongue
- Brush your sulcus (the area between your gums and your teeth – your tooth socket)
- Look in the mirror when you brush to make sure you are brushing every part of your teeth and mouth
- Floss 1x/day
- Tell one friend/family member about our office especially if they need a better dentist (You will receive a $20 credit for every person you refer.)
- Schedule and keep your exam appointment 1x/year
- Schedule and keep your cleaning appointments (at least 2x/year)
- Chew xylitol mints and/or gum after meals and when you can not brush and any other time
- Drink lots of water. Water should be your main beverage or at least have a glass with your other beverages. Try to replace one other drink with water/day.
- Ask about your treatment plan and schedule your next appointment
- Call our office AS SOON AS you have any pain or soreness or redness or dental question
And for fun, while you’re enjoying your high quality of life with your Creating Smiles Dental smile, here is a link for some family friendly activities in the Tampa Bay area for 2015. Click here to pick your first activity.