When you’re here, you ask us questions and we love answering them one-on-one with you. Many of our patients continue the conversation from home via email or social media. In order to reach more of you, we recently jumped on the IGTV bandwagon. Almost every Tuesday we release a new informative video! If you’re not on Instagram, don’t worry, we also post the videos to Facebook and to our YouTube channel. Our first video of Dr. Phane got a great response, but a favorite is of how she explains how cavities are formed. Do you know how one gets a cavity? The way she explains it in … Read the rest
Creating Smiles Dental, serving in the community
Our team was represented again at the annual Back To School Care Fair put on by the Junior League of St. Petersburg at the Enoch Davis Center.… Read the rest
- Bacteria in the presence of xylitol cannot make biofilm that can become plaque
- Now in CAMBRA protocol for infants-adults in caries prevention.
- For dry mouth say Xylitol is moisturizing, hydrating, and soothing
- Xylitol is a natural 5-carb sugar that bacteria cannot metabolize: this interferes with bacteria’ss ability to produce toxins.
- Xylitol is produced in our body 5-10 grams daily as part of digestive process
- Xylitol occurs naturally in berries, dark green vegetables as well as other sources
- Xylitol encourages or promotes oral health
- More exposures daily to xylitol (especially for infants and toddlers) you deprive the bacteria of food source, which will weaken the bacteria making it harder for them