- Bacteria in the presence of xylitol cannot make biofilm that can become plaque
- Now in CAMBRA protocol for infants-adults in caries prevention.
- For dry mouth say Xylitol is moisturizing, hydrating, and soothing
- Xylitol is a natural 5-carb sugar that bacteria cannot metabolize: this interferes with bacteria’ss ability to produce toxins.
- Xylitol is produced in our body 5-10 grams daily as part of digestive process
- Xylitol occurs naturally in berries, dark green vegetables as well as other sources
- Xylitol encourages or promotes oral health
- More exposures daily to xylitol (especially for infants and toddlers) you deprive the bacteria of food source, which will weaken the bacteria making it harder for them
… Read the rest