Did you know that the first dental crown placement occurred around 160 A.D? It was first implemented by Etruscans, a civilization that existed in a region which now is central Italy. However, there are now various types of dental crowns available today.
Dental crowns are a tooth-restoring apparatus that help you have a better natural look if you had your tooth accidentally cracked, discolored, weakened, or decayed tooth to the point that fillings can’t occur. They are also done to strengthen the anchor teeth or create a tooth used for the dental implant.
Additionally, different types of dental crowns encase a tooth or fill out the tooth’s shape. Their shapes get determined by the impression the dentist takes from the patient’s teeth after filing the damaged teeth down.
Importance of Dental Crowns
Crowns provide you with an aesthetic and therapeutic solution by filling an unhealthy gap in a set of teeth. Furthermore, dentists who provide dental crowns in St Petersburg, FL help you preserve the shape of the jawline and prevent the surrounding teeth from changing position. Through this, further damage to the tooth or the bone beneath it is then protected. Besides, the different types of dental crowns enhance the appearance and functionality of the teeth.
How to Select Your Choice of Dental Crown
There are different types of dental crowns made of different materials based on:
- The budget of the patient
- Location of the tooth that needs repair
- Strength needed
- Length of required replacement
- The crown’s thickness material
In some instances, the type of dental crown used may be due to the patient’s auto-immune conditions or allergies.
Crowns are affixed with cement and can only get done by qualified dentists in Florida. They mainly help in attaching a bridge, covering a dental implant, covering a discolored tooth, or replacing a large filling.
Types of Dental Crowns
The different types of dental crowns include:
- Ceramic Crowns – This type of dental crown matches the color of the teeth and offers a concealed look. It is suitable for patients who may be suffering from hypersensitivity to metal. They provide the right choice for people looking for an enhanced look for their teeth
- Porcelain Crowns – Porcelain dental crowns are mainly fused to metal and offer a perfectly durable and robust top for your teeth. They match the color of your teeth, therefore, providing a natural look
- Resin crowns – Resin dental crowns are a reasonable budget dental crowns for patients looking for a less expensive alternative to have their teeth crowned. However, they are not durable and may wear down as time progresses. They also break easily compared to porcelain-fused-metal crowns
- Stainless steel crowns – This type of dental crown fits over a primary tooth that has been prepared to furnish it and protects it from further decay. They are mainly used for children’s teeth and offers an excellent solution, which is cost effective
Reach Out to Creating Smiles Family Dentistry Today
Whether you come to our Clearwater dental office or St. Petersburg dental office, Creating Smiles Family Dentistry is the best place to go for all of your dental needs. If you are looking to explore types of dental crowns, then please reach out to us at 855.980.7766. Creating Smiles can ensure that we crown your teeth correctly and put a beautiful smile on you.